Monday, June 14, 2010

Alma Zohar-I got excited towards your arrival



This is a beautiful simple love song. It reminds me of Saturday afternoons when you try to enjoy that last breath of weekend bliss before the hectic week starting on Sunday. It's about that feeling of butterflies in your stomach or rushed heartbeats when you know you're soon meeting someone you love and not being embarrassed by it.

I got excited towards your arrival
A shiver went through me
One clear thought
Unconscious
Soon...

Like dogs know by the smell
Like dogs running toward a guest
I got excited towards your arrival

I threw out two arms in the air
For when you’d come
I wanted you to come without explaining
Without announcing before
Without a reason

Like how the sun rises without a breath
Like plants rising to light from the earth
I got excited towards your arrival.

I left footsteps marked in the sand
With a bare foot
I came like the dogs come
For a caress
Without apologizing

Like butterflies blinded by the moonlight
Like the whisper of the flaming match
I got excited towards your arrival

http://www.myspace.com/almmazohar

No comments:

Post a Comment