Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tal Cohen Shalev-Heartaches and Ashes


This has been quite a tragic weekend. On Friday, I heard from someone that there was a Tsunami in Japan and that many people were killed but I didn't quite "get" what happened. Only when I saw the pictures on the news, which looked like scenes even a top Hollywood disaster movie wouldn't have the budget for, did I realize the enormity of the disaster. Suddenly I realized that in every house that was effortlessly swept away, every car, there were people and a life. Then I woke up today to find out that an innocent family in Shomron was brutally murdered including a 3 yr old and 5-month baby who were stabbed to death. I don't want to get into politics, but a murder is a murder and it's very heartbreaking. This song may be talking about something completely different, but I felt like choosing it. I had the honour of seeing Tal Cohen Shalev in an intimate concert a while ago and I still remember how everything just stopped and I felt goosebumps on my arms. Hoping for a peaceful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment