Saturday, June 18, 2011

Modern Tapes-Caroline



I just finished reading an article on this band in Time Out Tel Aviv and of course, the first thing I did was search for this video on youtube. And then I listened to it again and again. It's that good. I love the guitar and in general, their endless energy. Modern Tapes first started playing in a bomb shelter and that's where they recorded their e.p. As one of the members said: "that's where we feel the safest". Playing in a bomb shelter may sound very undergroundish to someone from abroad but here it's pretty common-they're more like community garages without cars, a home for junkies, an indoor option for parties in the winter. Hopefully, my associations of bomb shelters will stay relatively positive. Anyways it is kind of cool that Modern Tapes see playing in it as cool. I hope to catch a gig of theirs in Tel Aviv before they make it big and start touring the world and something tells me I shouldn't linger.

https://www.facebook.com/moderntapes

Oh and for something completely different: They may have pulled off Rebecca Black's Friday video, but the song will still live on- even in Hebrew! It sounds like this kid took his Bar Mitzvah lessons too far and I've never seen such a sour expression to "fun fun fun"-genius!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v-HQPKThR8

No comments:

Post a Comment