Monday, September 19, 2011

Tomer Yosef-Words Like These



Tomer Yosef's voice and music style are pretty unmistakable and the first thought that comes to mind is chilling on the beach. He's the lead singer of the wonderful Balkan Beat Box (whom I've written about) and he's collaborated with many artists bringing his magic with him everywhere he goes. I love the love story in this song and it gives the vibe that it's not trying too hard to be a radio hit.

How words like these
Stab when there is a love like this
Arguments await us
And wars and disappointment

I love you so much
When you need a place
I thought I knew you
But I'm curious today

That's how it is in life
But with you it's like this, especially
Paths curve
And a path not alone is also comprehended
And you're not looking
Hiding the obvious
When you don't give up
I want what's forbidden

How will I make it that now
You'll be happy being here with me
There isn't a direction left
Which I haven't turned to, I've tried everything
Waiting for the magic to come back

So give some sign
Or at least
Some finger from the hand
Thoughts are tangled
And I want now to get involved with you

I'm ready to cry now
If you'll only smile
I want to get closer
Without you drifting farther

How will I make it that now
You'll be happy being here with me
There isn't a direction left
That I haven't turned to, I've tried everything
Waiting for the magic to return

http://www.myspace.com/tomeryf

No comments:

Post a Comment