Wednesday, October 31, 2012

1:1- Mars



Ynet is holding a video clip contest so it's a good chance for me to check out some artists and clips that I overlooked. One of the clips that really stood out was this one by the group 1:1. I had heard about the band before but never really listened to their songs carefully, which is really how they should be heard. 1:1 isn't really a band but rather a project based on books by the writer Eran Bar Gil, who I admit I hadn't heard of before but I now want to start reading. The text is the main focus here but the music is a perfect companion and everything just flows. Very introspective and beautiful. Makes me want to hear the whole album-from start to finish.

Sometimes I walk
I reach Mars
Everything is white on Mars
Like in a hospital
In the night the stars here
Are like fragments of glass
I wander for hours and hours
In the white spaces

If I want a space man
I move him from door to door
If I want love I try to make you laugh
You don't crack

Advancing on white plains and Mars
Reaches a dead end
Opens a door
Goes into a hallway
Another dead end
Again opens a door
Goes to Mars
Jumps on it heavy and sharp
Free fall
To the white depths

If I want a space man I move him from door to door
If I want love I try to make you laugh you don't crack
When I want a space man I tell how he moves from door to door
I don't say if he's happy

http://www.facebook.com/pages/11/37223049949

No comments:

Post a Comment