Friday, October 12, 2012

Vaadat Charigim-The world is long lost



So unsurprisingly Bibi announced early elections, which will probably be the most unsurprising elections yet. The real question on people's minds is who will join Bibi's coalition. To say the truth I'm not sure how much energy I have for these elections-the newspaper articles, the polls, the interviews, the propaganda ads, the posters on buses and most of all the endless discussions around the dinner table with family and by the bar wth friends. Endless discussions which all end when someone points out that there isn't any real alternative, which seems to be the only thing we can all agree on. Of course that doesn't mean that I won't participate-it just makes me want to go to the beach and forget about everything. Which brings me to this excellent band I've recently dicovered and their great clip which really captures the "it's the middle of August so I don't want to think about anything serious" feeling which sweeps over the nation in the summer, and the holidays. Only now it's already October and it's getting too chilly to go to the beach, but at least I can always disconnect for a bit and get lost in Vaadat Charigim's (Exceptions Committee) mesmerizing guitar riffs.

Let's lie on the beach
Let's lie on our stomachs
As deep as possible
If we'll fall in love it's okay
Because there's no tomorrow
And the world is long lost

http://www.facebook.com/vaadatcharigim

No comments:

Post a Comment