Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Kama Vardi-Summers in my Hometown



What a lovely song by the very talented Kama Vardi. So thoughtful and vulnerable. I love this stripped-down version but I'm curious to hear how it would sound in an album and what songs would follow and precede it. If you are too, feel free to head over to headstart and help out.

I am standing by your gate
My one true love
I'd like to know your heaven but I'd rather steal your hell
Am I too late, my one true love?
See-I've been sending ravens since I really can not tell

Now my garden's growing drier than the winters in your hometown
You call it love, but we both know what we know
You're reaching higher and my wings can only fly down
See-I do love you
But I can't come where you're going

Now I'm standing 'neath your window
My one true love
And I won't stop serenading 'till these shadows are all broken
And each and every raven will turn into a dove
No, I wouldn't close my eyes
Till the dawn and you are woke and I can see

My god I think it's drier at the bottom of the ocean
I know your thunder, but that rain sure's a surprise
No, I don't fear your love
But I won't take that potion
It feels like heaven but it sure isn't my life

And I think I know the way
My one true love
But I wouldn't go out roaming till these lovers are outspoken
To seek a treasure that I could never have
I pray and pray I wouldn't but we both know that I sure can
Till I see

My heart is growing lighter than the summers in my hometown
You call it love but we both know that we know
You're reaching higher but my wings can only fly down
See-I do love you but I can't come where you're going

No comments:

Post a Comment