Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Shaul Gros - Disappearing Horizon



From one heart to another.


This is the boat I will use to reach to the edge of the sea
A bench on which you can sit with the little child
The oars are like hands, taking me there,
To the place on the edge of the sea.
Who is driving, who is on foot- they are the ones going
And the stars in the sky, like a roadmap
The people I will never see again-I said goodbye to them all,
See you later on the edge of the sea.
I am rowing with all my strength
In crises, I am swept
And sometimes to be happy
I drink a stiff drink
And sing songs from long ago
Which came from somewhere
From some disappearing horizon
At the edge of the sea.
The books I read taught me how to think
And the songs that I heard taught me how to love
And then you came, you brought with you the child from somewhere
From the place at the edge of the sea.
This is the apartment with which we will return, I built you a doorstep
A bench on which you can sit with the little child
And the waves will be hands
Come and we will drift with them
To the place at the edge of the sea.
I am rowing with all my strength...

https://www.facebook.com/shaulgros

No comments:

Post a Comment