Saturday, December 10, 2016

Cafe Shahor Hazak - Another Day



Cafe Shahor Hazak have come a long way since they first started out (more info on them here) and have now become one of Israel's biggest hip-hop acts. It seems like they have a lot of weight on their shoulders as representatives of the Ethiopian community but they're also respected role models for kids and teens growing up here from all different backgrounds and they're doing an amazing job. Their sound just gets better and better and I love the use of Amharic in their music. Keep on smiling :)

Uri:
Another day another day another day has begun
Nothing in this life is guaranteed
God gives and God takes
Between the victories and the defeats I'm looking for the gap

Nothing is free it's first you give and then you take
What's mine is mine and it stays that way
Everything is simple: it's art or we die, it's not that complicated
Every day I come home drained with my backpack I feel blessed

It's a privilege to make money from love and no
I don't feel that I'm going to work
It's a good time to emphasize and say thank you
To everyone who came to everyone who bought

And anyone who hated, keep hating
You're there I'm here
Fulfilling and creating dreams for me and for others
You'll slowly see my friend that everything works out

Chorus:
Today is a day to shine
To get outside of the box
To stretch the limits of imagination
To be conscious of the subconscious
When it feels like there's no more strength around the corner
I always find a place to bloom a light of comfort
This is another day that begins with hope
Give me good music to spread love


Ilak:
It's my life I want to win
From a young age I'm always running and making sure
To go head-on and enjoy the view
To take care of myself to be strong till the end

What was in difficult times I don't forget
Give me one chance and I'll take it
In front of small-minded people I don't open my heart
A square screen is mashing everyone's brain

To wake up to a good morning at my place
What I've lost will go to redemption
Dreams of an album without a penny
Music from the heart, black and pure

Everything with love slowly building the business
Conquering peaks not everything is a ceremony
Even If I'll have millions in my pocket
I promise that you'll find me in a t-shirt and jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment