Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Charlie Megira - Tomorrow's Gone



Goodbye 2016 and goodbye Charlie. Charlie Megira, also known as Gabi Abudraham, died in his Berlin apartment on November 9th at the age of 44. He wasn't very well-known before his death but many of those who knew him felt that the 50's style rocker from Beit Shaan was no less than a musical genius. A genius who insisted on staying true to himself throughout his career while working as a cook in Tel Aviv and later in Berlin. He left us beautiful music like this hazy lullaby, a fitting way to end a stormy year.

*And goodbye Carrie Fisher :(  As a young girl I was so inspired by Princess Leia's strength and independence and later grew to admire Carrie's own strength and grace while battling addiction and mental illness. What a devastating loss.

Don't say maybe
No, no, you shouldn't
Don't say maybe
Maybe today, maybe tomorrow
Tomorrow's gone

Tell me quickly
What do you love?
Tell me to the heart
But quickly
Tell me quickly
What do you love?
Tell me
Who is that?

What do you love?
What do you love?

1 comment:

  1. I know this is disrespectful, but I can't help but wonder how Mr. Charlie Megira passed at such a young and promising time in his life. no doubt if he hadn't, he would still be touring and honing his unique style of music. R.I.P. man. I wish I could have seen you live just once!

    ReplyDelete